Recent Posts

Monday, October 4, 2010

Meet Sarah



Yup.  That's me. Swimming in my very first triathlon.  I may look like a pro but the moments leading up to my plunge in that open water left me terrified and looking for the nearest exit.  But, I couldn't do that.  My team was counting on me to take the months of training and do something that I'd never done before -- a triathlon.  And besides, I already kicked cancer, so how hard could a little swim be?    


I'm Sarah, and am I am a two-time breast cancer survivor.  I found Team Survivor by chance when I "attended" online conference about exercise after breast cancer.  The speaker talked about Team Survivor in Seattle as a way of getting in shape during and after cancer treatment.   Cancer was three years behind me, and I was just finishing my graduate degree in Oregon and preparing to move to Austin.  Inspired by the presentation, I looked to see if Austin had a chapter.  Lucky for me, they did. A year later, I found myself staring at that expanse of water with fear and courage.  


I feel so very blessed by the community and support I have found through Capital of Texas Team Survivor.   And, I am so grateful that I can share my experience and the experience of others here at Life, Laps & Laughs.  I hope that you come back often and share this blog with your friends.  It's easy to do.  Just subscribe to our RSS or email notification and share with your friends on facebook and twitter (it's all that stuff, over there ------->). 



2 comments:

ilovebabyquilts said...

Go Sarah! Love you!

Deborah Carroll said...

Great stuff!

Post a Comment